At Weiser, part of the Spectrum Brands Hardware and Home Improvement Group (HHI), we recognize that the vitality of the communities in which our employees live and work is an important factor in our success. Our involvement in the community focuses primarily on certain aspects of Community Revitalization and Education:
- Community Revitalization – Our emphasis is on affordable housing, housing rehabilitation, and ongoing housing renovation programs, particularly programs that support home ownership, involve the active participation of neighborhood residents and Black & Decker volunteers, provide the opportunity for residents to learn home improvement skills, and put our products to use.
- Education – Our emphasis is on: (a) engineering (electrical, electronic, industrial, manufacturing, materials, or mechanical) programs at colleges and universities important to our recruiting and training efforts; (b) school-based math, science, and technology programs that prepare students for college education or for positions that provide technical support for engineers; (c) school-based vocational and skills training programs for construction and related trades and for home improvement.
We also support grants to established organizations in the following areas within the communities where our employees live and work:
- Civic – Organizations engaged in housing-related programs, municipal and statewide improvements, environmental issues;
- Cultural – Organizations such as science centers, museums, libraries, music organizations; and
- Health/Human Services and Youth – Organizations with programs that advance community health; promote job skills and values; strengthen the family unit and promote social and economic well-being in the community.
Special consideration is given to programs that support a diverse cross-section of the population.
Each of HHI’s sites are encouraged to initiate its own community involvement programs and budgets for donations annually. Building relationships in our communities is extremely important to the Weiser Corporation, and we are proud to dedicate our time, resources and finances to these and other worthy causes. For guidelines and additional questions, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.